Phone: +370 5 2619532
Activities of the Laboratory:
1. Investigations of the influence of electric, magnetic pulses and microwaves on micro-organisms, cancer and other biological cells:
- Electroporation studies of yeast; electro-pasteurization studies of food and non-food products; algae electrostimulation and electroextraction studies; investigation of the electroporation mechanisms of eukaryotic cells;
2. Biomolecular and Organic Polymer Technology:
- Biogenic Synthesis of Organic Polymers (OP) and Material Science of OP; Modification of OP by biomolecules; Sensors and biosensor research; structural conversion and application of organic polymers; application of microfluidic technology in organic polymer biomimicry.
- Interaction studies in vitro of biomolecules; interaction studies of recombinant biomolecules on the surface of mammalian and yeast cells.
3. Applied research and application of electroporation technology in industry; applied sensor research.