Professional practice at the Metrology Department. I do hereby confirm the commitment of the Metrology Department (MD) to the obligations imposed by the name of the national metrology institute (NMI) and a holder of national standards. MD's activities always comply with the requirements of the highest professional standards. We do hereby state that the MD's staff, following the rules of professional ethics, always fulfill their duties in a honest and client-friendly way.
I assure our customers that we always use verified and validated methods.
We employ only highly qualified personnel with relevant professional skills and accept no service by incompetent people. The laboratories pose proper requirements to all supplies, services, and subcontractors which are important with respect to their operation.
The standard of service by MD. MD is committed to implementing in a due manner the functions of the Lithuanian NMI as defined in the national law. The MD's laboratories are committed to providing the service complying with the highest standard requirements posed to laboratories of the national standards. In every case of test and calibration, the client is unambiguously informed of the level of service it can be provided with, including uncertainties and traceability of the standards used for calibration or testing.
Permanent traceability of MD's standards to BIPM and national standards of other countries is attained by means of interlaboratory comparisons and/or calibration.
Objectives of the quality system. By implementation of the quality system, the MD intends to ensure
- the best possible quality of the services in all fields of the MD's activity, including implementation of the functions of the Lithuanian NMI;
- motivation of the staff, their internal and external training;
- the reliability of every result published in the scientific press by the staff of MD;
- prompt, in-time, and impartial fulfillment of all the obligations undertaken for the client;
- the reliability of calibration and testing results.
By promptly following the above principles, we intend to:
- ensure prompt operation of the Lithuanian metrology system;
- retain the reputation of a reliable calibration and testing institution which is permanently improving the quality of its service;
- rule out a possibility of undue external pressure or calibration and testing activities which could put in doubt the correctness of the results presented;
- avert a possibility of non-conforming work and complaints;
- increase the weight of calibration certificates and test reports issued by participation in various international activities, Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA), and other programmes;
- attain the recognition by both national and foreign accreditation bodies;
- attain continuous improvement of the quality system, which necessarily implies improvement of the technical operation
Familiarization of the personnel with the quality system documentation. All the personnel of the MD's laboratories having to do with calibrations or testing, or activities influencing the quality of the operation of the laboratories are familiarized with the quality system documentation, policies, their job descriptions, and the procedures to be implemented by them.
Commitment to compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025. In order to ensure compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025, our personnel have implemented a relevant quality system with its policies and principles formulated in this quality manual. We do confirm our commitment to maintaining the QMS and improvement of its efficiency.
Dr. Evaldas Naujalis
The head of the Metrology Department