In accordance with Order No. ISAK–2463 of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania of 1 December 2009 “On the Approval of Description of Procedure for Organisation of Selection of the Director of the State Scientific Research Institute by the Way of an Open Competition” and Order No. P1–333 of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania of 20 November 2018 “On the Approval of Qualification Requirements for the Position of the Director of the State Research Institute Centre for Physical Sciences and Technology”, the Ministry of Education and Science announces a competition for the position of the director of the State Research Institute Centre for Physical Sciences and Technology.
Qualification requirements for the position of the director of the State Research Institute Centre for Physical Sciences and Technology:
- have an impeccable reputation;
- have a doctoral degree (PhD) in physical or technological sciences;
- have been taken the position of a professor or the chief researcher for the term of no less than 5 years over the period of 10 last years;
- have no less than 5 years of managerial experience (management of a big team – no less than 10 members – of researchers, a department of an institution or an individual institution or a big scale international research project);
- have some experience in managing research and experimental development (R&D) projects and in commercialisation of the implemented project results and technology transfer;
- know well the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, laws of the Republic of Lithuania, resolutions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, legislation of the European Union and other legal acts in relation to the activities of the Centre;
- know well the legislation of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union which desribes and defines the research, higher education and innovation policy and strategy;
- know the principles of governance of the Centre as well as the application of management techniques in his/her work;
- know the specificity and the prospects of the key directions of carrying out research of the Centre;
- be familiar with the principles of operation of foreign (or well developed in terms of technology) Research and Technology Organizations (RTO);
- be familiar with the Lithuania’s Progress Strategy “Lithuania 2030”;
- be familiar with the institutional system of administration of the structural support of the European Union in Lithuania;
- have good skills of the Lithuanian language, know the rules for document preparation, processing and recording;
- have good knowledge of several foreign languages, among them – an official foreign language of the EU.
Candidates to the position of the director of the State Research Institute Centre for Physical Sciences and Technology must provide the following documents:
- a request to participate in the competition (free form) with the contact details specified (phone number, email, residential address);
- a personal identification document and/or its copy;
- a document to serve as a proof of an doctoral degree and/or its copy;
- a brief curriculum vitae;
- a brief description of research activities and a list of scientific publications;
- a draft of Centre’s 10-year strategic milestones and a detailed 5-year draft operational plan of the Centre;
- information on participation in international R&D projects and management of such projects;
- a list of activities to prove managerial experience;
- other documents enabling the objective assessment of the candidate’s qualification and compliance with the requirements (at the candidate’s discretion).
Candidates should provide the required documents (or their translations) in Lithuanian language directly to the Human Resource Department of the Ministry of Education and Science no later than 21 December this year (inclusively) (address: A.Volano g. 2, Vilnius, room 108 or 107) on Mondays–Wednesdays from 14.00 to 16.00, Thursdays–Fridays from 9.00 to 11.00 or by email (signed by digital signature) firstname.lastname@example.org, or by registered mail addressing the documents to the Ministry of Education and Science A.Volano g. 2, 01516 Vilnius.
In the event where documents have been sent by a candidate by email or registered mail, original copies of the documents must be provided upon arrival to the competition.
For more detailed information call: (8 5) 219 1108, (8 5) 219 1170.
Date of announcement: 21-11-2018