Head of the laboratory dr. Paulius Gečys
phone +370 5 2644868
The main activity of the laboratory is to find applications for lasers manufactured in Lithuania in industrial processes for precise and local processing of materials.
Mission: Provide high-tech solutions based on science and technology to business and society.
Objectives: to develop and implement laser microfabrication technologies based on light-matter interaction studies and numerical simulation, thus filling the gap between fundamental research and commercial exploitation of their results in laser and optical technologies.
- Development, implementation, and expertise of laser materials processing technologies;
- Investigation of physicochemical phenomena which determine the formation of microstructures in the influence of intense laser radiation;
- The formation of micro and nanostructures by laser methods for sensors, microsystems, and other technical applications;
- Consultations on the application of lasers in manufacturing processes.
Areas of activity:
- Technologies and processes of thin-layer materials processing (Solar cells, thin-layer electronics);
- Direct laser treatment of interfering laser beams (ablation and multiphoton polymerization, formation and application of 2D and 3D structures, functional surfaces, biomedicine);
- Laser technology for the modification of transparent media (marking, hidden marking, 3D structures);
- Construction of laser microfabrication processes and components