Head of the laboratory dr. Aleksej Rodin
tel. +370 601 40057
Laboratory continuously cooperates with photonics technologies companies (Ekspla, Optolita) and carry out research projects related to high output energy diode-pumped nanosecond lasers as well as high peak and average power picosecond and femtosecond lasers.
Mission: investigate and develop advanced solid state laser technologies with great potential for science and industrial applications.
- Investigate advanced laser architectures to attain breakthrough peak and average power maintaining the high output beam quality;
- Investigate ultrashort laser pulse amplifier layouts with high average output power by means of advanced configurations of active laser media;
- Investigation and development of miniature and compact Q-switched and mode-locked diode pumped solid state lasers;
- Investigation of supercontinuum, parametric generation and development of laser layouts;
- Investigation of solid state lasers operating at cryogenic temperatures.
- Develop architectures of 100 GW – 1 TW peak power hybrid modular lasers;
- Apply high peak power lasers for generation of supercontinuum with short-term and long-term pulse energy and spectral stability;
- Develop ultrafast high average power amplifiers technology based on bonded to heatsink laser rods with small cross-section;
- Development of miniature and compact Q-switched and mode-locked diode pumped solid state lasers;
- Develop solid state lasers and components operating at cryogenic temperatures.